Healing hearts through the arts
Heartsy is a uniquely designed arts-based program seeking to nurture the mind, body, and heart of children and families in the Long Beach Community. Heartsy offers a comprehensive Summer arts program catering to children with special needs using a combination of art expression, instruction, yoga, music and movement, and sensory integration. Additionally, HeARTsy provides free community art services to local organizations and events throughout Long Beach in hopes of addressing social issues and providing healing through art for at-risk and homeless children and adults.
- Last Sunday of the Month: arts and crafts with kids at Urban Community Outreach
- Interested volunteers should arrive at UCO at noon (send us a message below for location details!)
- Third Friday of the Month: therapeutic art workshops with kids at Century Villages at Cabrillo
- Interested volunteers should arrive at CVC at 3:30 p.m. (send us a message below for location details!)
- Children’s Resource Fairs at Urban Community Outreach (in partnership with Connect by CityHeART)
- Under the Sun: April — arts, crafts, and summer giveaways (sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, toys, books, hygiene packs)
- Back to School: August — arts, crafts, and school supplies/clothing!
- Christmas: December — arts, crafts, and SANTA CLAUS!
- Art Walk with The Children’s Clinic
- Curating an art show and facilitating the children’s fun zone for this annual, community event
- Art Camps
- Providing seasonal therapeutic art experiences for kids in need