Love Your Neighbor is our monthly clothing and food drive for the homeless in Long Beach.
We gather in Bixby Park in the morning on the last Saturday of every month, where our food program, Feeding Long Beach, oversees a sack-lunch assembly of 150+ lunches. All clothing donations can be dropped off at Bixby Park as well!
Lunches are distributed throughout the city — 50 lunches are dropped off at Urban Community Outreach, 50 at the Ronald McDonald House, and 50 at the Long Beach Rescue Mission. Any extra lunches are taken, along with clothing and amenity bags to Lincoln Park for our Walking Closet, which is overseen by our peer-led support group, Connect!
We can’t keep this up without the volunteers and donations that make this event possible.
You may drop off food, clothing, and toiletry donations at the park, or feel free to donate via our GoFundMe to help us continue our monthly assemblies:
HUGE thank you to those of you who come out for this every month!!
HeARTy Foods by CityHeART brings sack lunches and hot meals to local drop-in centers and shelters.
Vision: by developing community partners who support the goal of feeding the hungry, we will facilitate the repurposing of left-over food items and utilize itemized donations from the kindness of our neighbors in order to provide meals across our city.
***Recurring Meals Offered:
- Mondays: 11:30 a.m. at Beacon for Him Ministries
- Interested volunteers can email firstname.lastname@example.org for location and details on meal prep
- Tuesdays: 11:30 a.m. at the Multi-Service Center of Long Beach
- Interested volunteers should arrive at the MSC at 10 a.m. for meal prep
- Third Friday of the Month: 6 p.m. at Century Villages at Cabrillo
- Interested volunteers should arrive at CVC at 4 p.m. for meal prep (email email@example.com for location details)
***We also periodically provide meals for special occasions and holidays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on our Thanksgiving Meal and how to help!